SA TIMES- Looking for a job in South Africa? Search and apply new to the fresh jobs vacancies in South Africa
You have come to the right place, whether the employment you are looking for or offering is permanent, contract or temporary.
Our mission is simple: On the one hand, we connect job seekers quickly and effectively with the type of work they are looking for. On the other hand, we serve our business clients’ needs with a full grasp of the demands of their activities, so that whatever their recruitment needs
Retail Shop Assistant
Welcome to the Toys R Us world of awwwesome, where we want your little ones imaginations to run free!
Toys R Us and Babies R Us are well established international brands. Commonly referred to as the “World’s Greatest Toy Stores”, Toys R Us SA currently boasts 60+ physical stores, two of which are located in Namibia, botswana and Zambia, as well as an ALL NEW AWWWESOME online store. The key focus of the group is to ensure that customers, young and old, from children to grandparents, are offered an amazing range and experience, complimented by great value! Are you a dynamic and passionate individual who will ensure exceptional customer satisfaction and excellent store performance?
Then we are looking for a Shop Assistant and we would like you to join our team!!
Maximizing sales by effectively delivering AWESOME customer service and providing customers with a WOW experience
Key Skills needed:
1. Sales driven
2. Fantastic customer service skills
4. Highly motivated and target driven
5. Excellent selling and communication skills
Key Performance Areas
1. Providing AWESOME customer service to give customer a WOW experience
2. Attend to unique and individual shopping needs of each customer and always put the Customer first
3. Ensuring that customers receive prompt and relevant service on the sales floor and by telephone
4. Adhere to all basic customer service standards
5. Determining customers’ requirements and advising on product range, price and warranties
6. Demonstrating, explaining and advising on products to customers
7. Selling goods and most importantly add on sales and services
8. Ensuring that goods are correctly priced and displayed
9. Ensure promotions are executed timeously and execution is planned in advance
10. Adherence to all merchandising/layouts and housekeeping standards and schedules
11. Preparation, implementation and maintenance of all advertised sales promotions timeously
12. Reporting on fast and slow sellers to the Store Manager
13. Participating in stock takes and stock counts
14. Minimize stock loss
15. Minimize expenses in area of responsibility
16. Maximize sales in all areas
17. Protect Company’s assets in area of responsibility
1. Matric Certificate
2. 6 (six) months retail experience
3. Must have own or reliable transport to be able to work shifts
1. To undertake any other relevant duties requested by Senior Management
2. To undertake all mandatory and service training as required
3. Maintaining the strict confidentiality of all information
4. To undertake an appraisal and personal development review regularly
5. To take responsibility and accountability for being up to date with current SOP’s
6. Co-operating fully in the introduction of any new technology and new methods.
This is a great opportunity to join us as a Distribution Assistant in our Distribution Center in Johannesburg, where you will be responsible for general receiving, binning, picking, packing, stock count and general duties.
- Update new material information using the Cubiscan
- Keep Cubiscan machine in good working order and battery always on charge
- Ensure that Cubi scan is cleaned weekly with a feather duster
- Ensure laptop for Cubi scan is kept safe and up to date
- Capture all scanned product dimension data onto SAP
- Report any part number(s) barcodes and Rack Barcodes that do not scan to a Supervisor – fill in “Form” to be handed in at end of day
- Arrange collections at customer site
- Check and verify returns quantity and condition
- Put away good set materials back into storage bin location.
- Scrap damaged materials
- Conduct customer discrepancy investigations
- Pass customer credits
- Assist receiving team by physical receipt of consignments, check consignments for damages, verify number of parcels against delivery note/invoice, forward documentation to the respective Inbound Team
- Leader, where required unpack & sort per product/GRN, attach the GRN’s to the consignment
- Schedule inbound weekly delivery shipments and monitor them
- Assist in good receipting the consignment into the SAP system
- Update new material information using the cubi-scan
- Process supplier invoices and upload it into the system
- Create daily FTE performance report for inbound
- Assist in master data adjustments
- Collect RF scanner to start binning process (Use User ID and password to activate binning tasks)
- Collect received consignment from receiving
- Use reference location and bin received quantities
- Physically place stock in the location
- Only one part number can be binned per storage
- Capture data onto the system using RF scanner
- Advise the Inbound Teal Leader of any discrepancies, forward all completed documentation to the Inbound Team Leader
- Report any bin with multiple parts to supervisor or respective inventory controller
- Refrain from binning one item in multiple bin locations, unless if the original location is completely full. Keep multiple bins per part to minimum.
- Collect RF scanner to start picking process (Use User ID and password to activate picking tasks)
- Proceed to indicted locations and pick per part number/quantity.
- Report any part number(s) or barcodes that do not scan to Supervisor – complete “Form” to be handed in at end of day
- Enter any quantity variances on the RF scanner. (Report any stock
- variances to supervisors – do not fail stock, only Supervisors permitted to fail stock)
- Move completed picks to the checking area
- Advise the Supervisor of any discrepancies
- Inform the Supervisor when all the picking has been completed
- Assist other sections to complete their daily picking
- Assist outbound supervisor/coordinator in preparation for transfer order creation
- Release customer orders
- Transfer order processing
- Allocation of picks to FTE
- Weighing of handling unit
- Invoicing and Final staging.
- Create daily outbound FTE
- performance report
- Checking & Packing
- Checker to verify part number/quantity & pack in to box
- Send shipper for invoicing
- Include Customer copy invoice in box
- Indicate by means of a sticker “packing list included” (Dispatch Co-Ordinator?)
- Move consignment to the dispatch area
- Attach the office copy invoice to the picking slip and forward to the (Dispatch Co-Ordinator?)
- Perform Replenishment, packing re-labelling, stock, relocation and other warehouse related functions as per operational requirements.
- Supervisors / Team leaders will issue these instructions from time to time.
- You undertake to obey, comply and carry out all lawful and reasonable
- duties and instructions, as from time to time assigned to you by your supervisor.
- Cycle Counting: Perform daily row counting, Bin consolidation, Investigating picking/binning variances, Assist in scrapping of stock
- when required, Participate in yearly wall to wall stock count
- Assist on inventory document creations.
- Assign and monitor counts to FTE.
- Adjust count if required and print out the record of counts.
- Conduct inventory investigations.
- Create space reports.
- Create daily inventory management FTE report.
- Comply with all Environmental, Health and Safety requirements as
- advised by SHERQ department induction, policies and procedures
- Report any unsafe act and/or incident
- Conserve resources such as electricity and water
- Participate in SHERQ wellness days and EHS/SHERQ training
What will make you successful:
- Minimum/Essential:Relevant Bachelor Degree
- Minimum/Essential: Product Knowledge
- Desirable: 2 years working experience in similar environment
- SAP knowledge will be advantage
- Forklift and Reach truck driving licence will be advantageous
- Basic numeracy
- English Literacy
- Attention to detail